Inclusive Mosque Initiative – Fundraiser
Initially, the post is on a voluntary basis, but a salary is available after the successful candidate has secured funding for their role.
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 pro rata (subject to experience and reviews)
Contract Period: Self-employed, length dependent on funding secured
Hours: 14 hours per week (2 days) Normally Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
and occasionally on weekends and outside these hours
Location: Home based
Holidays: 26 days per year pro rata
Overall purpose of the post
In this key role you will build successful relationships with supporters, funders and philanthropists in securing funds for the organisation and your role. The ability to network is crucial. This role has the capacity to grow in number of working hours. Initially, the post is on a voluntary basis, but a salary is available after they have secured funding for their role.
• Secure funding for own post as Inclusive Mosque Initiative Fundraiser;
• generate increased income from charitable trusts whose criteria match the organisation’s aims and activities;
• developing and implement a strategy for potential funding opportunities;
• managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
• writing applications and mail-shots to reach a wide range of potential and current donors;
• making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success;
• developing and coordinating web-based fundraising;
• motivating and facilitating supporters to maximise the raising of funds;
• inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
• developing new and imaginative fundraising activities;
• raising awareness of the organisation and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media;
• be willing and flexible to travel requirements and schedules.
Skills & Experience required:
• Work with financial figures and reporting experience;
• Successful grant making experience;
• Successful fundraising experience;
• Monitoring and evaluation experience;
• Experience in working with charitable trusts, grant makers, individual donors and philanthropists;
• Negotiation skills;
• IT skills (including web skills);
• Excellent English oral and written communications skills, including public speaking;
• Customer service and charisma skills;
• Good organisational and time management skills, able to work independently and with others in a professional manner;
• A commitment to the equality of opportunities for all;
• The ability to understand and empathise with a variety of Muslim communities;
• Be willing to undertake other duties as required to ensure the proper functioning of the team.
To apply for this post, please send us your CV and a cover letter no more than two A4 pages outlining your suitability according to the skills and experience list. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Inclusive Mosque Initiative, 87a Corbyn Street, London, N4 3BY.